LB - HSE - Kid Scoop 0302

Home | Classifieds | Place an ad | Obituaries | Public Notices | Galleries | Opinions | Real Estate Search | 928 Media Lab | Contact Us | Subscribe | Yellow Pages
Prescott Valley Tribune | Prescott Valley, Arizona

home : latest news : latest news April 17, 2015


4/23/2013 6:19:00 PM
Improper disposal of ashes causes $80,000 house fire in Prescott Valley Tuesday
A firefighter leaves the garage of a house that burned Tuesday after the occupant improperly disposed of ashes from a fire pit. Les Stukenberg/Daily Courier/Courtesy
A firefighter leaves the garage of a house that burned Tuesday after the occupant improperly disposed of ashes from a fire pit.
Les Stukenberg/Daily Courier/Courtesy

Improper disposal of ashes caused a fire at a house in the 7000 block of Pioneer Lane in Prescott Valley Tuesday. The fire did $80,000 worth of damage to the structure, said Central Yavapai Fire Marshal Rick Chase.

Firefighters received the call at 10:22 a.m. and when they arrived, found 25 percent of the residence involved in flames. Chase said the occupant of the home had disposed of ashes from a fire pit in a trash can next to the house, which caught the exterior wall of the garage and house on fire.

The fire also melted the gas and electrical meters, and when firefighters arrived they found the gas feeding the flames. They were able to shut the gas and electric off so they could safely fight the fire, Chase said.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

Chase said Central Yavapai reminds people that they should make sure ashes are completely soaked before disposing of them in a trash can, and people should should not store the can next to a structure or materials that can burn.






    Most Viewed     Recently Commented
•   Man allegedly fires shots at javelina in Fain Park (201 views)

•   Theater on the Green event dazzles (192 views)

•   Enterprise Parkway, multi-use path on target for future connectivity (161 views)

•   Growing Prescott Valley population may garner more state shared revenues (149 views)

•   Darn! No million dollar antiques at Roadshow (148 views)



Reader Comments

Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Article comment by: Glen Leo

Thank you to all the emergency responders. I'm glad everyone's safe. The firefighters responded quickly to extinguish this fire, it was extremely windy and it could have gotten out of control.



Article Comment Submission Form
Comments are not posted immediately. Submissions must adhere to our Use of Service Terms of Use agreement. Rambling or nonsensical comments may not be posted. Comments are limited to Facebook character limits. In order for us to reasonably manage this feature we may limit excessive comment entries.
Submit an Article Comment
First Name:
Required
Last Name:
Required
Telephone:
Required
Email:
Required
Comment:
Required
Passcode:
Required
Anti-SPAM Passcode Click here to see a new mix of characters.
This is an anti-SPAM device. It is not case sensitive.
   


Advanced Search

HSE - We want to hear from you





Find It Features Blogs Milestones Extras Submit Other Publications Local Listings
Classifieds | Place an ad | Public Notices | Galleries | Opinions | Real Estate Search | Contact Us | Subscribe | e-newsletter | RSS | Site Map
LB - Flooring Shack

© Copyright 2015 Prescott Newspapers, Inc. The Prescott Valley Tribune is the information source for Prescott Valley area communities in Northern Arizona. Original content may not be reprinted or distributed without the written permission of Prescott Newspapers, Inc. Prescott Newspapers Online is a service of Prescott Newspapers, Inc. By using the Site, pvtrib.com ®, you agree to abide and be bound by the Site's terms of use and Privacy Policy, which prohibit commercial use of any information on the Site. Click here to submit your questions, comments or suggestions. Prescott Newspapers Online is a proud publication of Western News&Info Inc.® All Rights Reserved.

Software © 1998-2015 1up! Software, All Rights Reserved